Meet Robert J. Lopatkin DDS
Board certified orthodontist for 30 years
"Orthodontics has allowed me to combine the three things I love in life – teaching, learning and creating – into a career. In teaching orthodontics for over 30 years, I have also learned from my students. That rich environment helps me to create beautiful smiles for all our patients."
After graduating with an applied math major/physics minor from Queens College, Dr. Lopatkin looked for a career that would also allow him the ability to interact with people to better their lives. Orthodontics does just that. He received his Dental degree at the University at Stony Brook, and his Orthodontic training at New York University College of dentistry in 1987. Soon after, he purchased a small practice in Astoria, Queens and now Astoria Family Orthodontics has been delivering high quality orthodontic services for over 30 years. He lives on Long Island with his wife Susan, who is the Mayor of their village. But he still considers Astoria his second home. In his free time, he loves biking, playing golf, photography and visiting his two daughters Stefanie and Allison.
Education & Experience
- B.A. - Queens College
- D.D.S. - State University of New York at Stony Brook
- Fellowship in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery - Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Certificate of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics - New York University
- Certified Invisalign Provider
- Certified Harmony Lingual Braces Provider
- Diplomate of American Board of Orthodontics
- Member of American Board of Orthodontics
- Member of American Association of Orthodontists
- Member of New York State Dental Association
- Member of Queens County Dental Society
- Member of American Dental Association
- Member of Long Island Academy of Odontology
- Member of Northeast Society of Orthodontists
- Clinical Assistant Professor at Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine, Department of Orthodontics
- Clinical Assistant Professor at New York University College of Dentistry, Department of Orthodontics
- Publication in The New York State Dental Journal for "Computerized Local Anesthetic Delivery vs. Traditional Syringe Technique. Subjective Pain Response."