Meet Dr. Jill Varriale
Board certified orthodontist and New York native
"Early on, my own orthodontist changed my life. Happy, friendly and reassuring, he gave me the greatest gift ever, the confidence to smile big. I was inspired to be just like him, and am thankful to be living out that dream. Your smile is your first impression – whether it's on a date, a job interview or when meeting new friends. I want everyone to have a beautiful and confident first impression!"
Dr. Varriale grew up on Long Island, New York, and attended Binghamton University – graduating with honors. After graduating dental school at University of Pennsylvania, she was accepted into New York University's orthodontic residency program where she received her certificate in orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics. Throughout her orthodontic residency, she received training in multiple fields including Invisalign, lingual braces, orthognathic surgery cases, and more. She also studied the biology underlying tooth movement and published her award-winning research in the Journal of Dental Research, one of the field's top journals. After completing her residency, she pushed hard to attain the highest plateau in orthodontic excellence by passing the written, oral and clinical board of orthodontics – becoming a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics. Although board certification was voluntary, and involved a lot of training and hard work, she did it to know for sure she had achieved the best possible training in orthodontics. Now she has the assurance that she is treating her patients at the highest standard in orthodontics.
She lives right here in Astoria, Queens with her husband Marcus, and daughter Viviana. In her spare time, she enjoys playing violin, piano, tennis, trying out new restaurants and staying active in the community. She LOVES Astoria! She also continues to attend regional and national conferences to make sure she is always up to date with the latest research and technology.
Education & Experience
- B.S. - State University of New York at Binghamton
- D.M.D. - University of Pennsylvania
- Certificate of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics- New York University
- Certified Invisalign Provider
- Certified Harmony Lingual Braces Provider
- Diplomate of American Board of Orthodontics
- Member of American Board of Orthodontics
- Member of American Association of Orthodontists
- Member of New York State Dental Association
- Member of Queens County Dental Society
- Member of American Dental Association
- Member of Northeast Society of Orthodontists
- Publication in Journal of Dental Research for “Effects of Initial Stresses and Time on Orthodontic External Root Resorption”
- New York University Postgraduate research award winner for “Effects of Initial Stresses and Time on Orthodontic External Root Resorption”