Meet Dr. Bahn Yah Moon
Creating Beautiful Smiles for your Life
"I love being an orthodontist because I like the way it makes you think. Orthodontics is like my favorite subject, math. Because it requires you to figure out the answer, not just memorize formulas. You need to know the “why” to get to a functional occlusion and a nice smile. I love making others happy and enjoy the team I work with. They are like family to me."
Dr. Moon grew up in Staten Island, New York – the daughter of two physicians. She attended Stuyvesant High School and went on to Cornell University for her undergraduate studies. She then received her doctorate at New York University College of Dentistry and earned her post-doctoral certificate in orthodontics from Stony Brook University.
She lives on Long Island, New York, and is happily married to her husband, Sung. And she is the proud mother of two children, Melody and Connor. When she is not working, she loves to be with her family and friends. She enjoys music, traveling, and improving her golf game.
Education & Experience
- B.S. – Cornell University
- Masters degree in Public Health – University of Michigan
- D.D.S. – New York University’s College of Dentistry
- Certified Invisalign Provider
- General Practice Residency – Cornell University/New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Orthognathic Surgery Fellowship – Lenox Hill Hospital
- Certificate in Orthodontics – Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine.
- Member of New York State Dental Association
- Member of Second District Dental Society
- Member of Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honor Dental Society
- Member of American Dental Association
- Member of American Association of Orthodontists
- Member of Northeastern Society of Orthodontists